Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update...

Joe is doing a little bit better. He no longer is hypothermic or feverish. He is doing something unfamiliar to us now. He quits breathing for a couple seconds when he wakes up and so his oxygen levels go into the 80's, apparently this is not good. So when I left tonight they had a oxygen funnel next to his head so he could turn his head an breath in the oxygen if he wanted, he was trying to eat it, it was so cute.
I just called mom for an update, I can't stay overnight because I breastfeed Gus and he isn't allowed to stay overnight. Joe is keeping his feeds down and sleeping well. His room is called "the cave" this is the perfect description, it is so dark and has zero windows looking out the only window is in the door so no natural light comes in. It is perfect, because Joe can sleep without the sun telling him what time of day it is. Anyway, I am tired and I don't feel like I am making any sense. I will post tomorrow night when I get back from the hospital. Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. I love you all.

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

Michelle- Please let me know if I can do anything. Do you need dinner?
Guess what, I am your new Visiting teacher too, so please do not hesitate to let me do whatever you need...

7packofbearss said...

We are right around the corner if you have an emergency or need anything. We would love to help.