Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Part 3: Tribute to Mother's Week, Grandma Nelson

My mom's mom is my much loved Grandma Nelson. She is one of the sweetest woman in the world. She has gone through a lot in her life and yet keeps going forward. Like Mema Di Regolo, I don't see her very often. Growing up one of the main family vacations was going up to Afton, Wyoming to visit her and Grandpa. My grandma use to crochet the most beautiful doilies but the Christmas after Joey and I got married she suffered a stroke which took her crocheting abilities away. I was lucky enough to receive 3 doilies from her for my wedding and I treasure these, I don't think that Joey knows how precious they are to me, anyways. I think she has felt lost without the full function of her body, but she still tries hard. I love her. She has the warmest eyes you have ever seen, and the most giving heart. She would do anything she could for anyone. She is strong willed and has taught me the meaning of commitment. So Happy Mother's Day Grandma, I love you and thanks for the awesome example.

No comments: