Monday, April 27, 2009

Part 1: Tribute to Mother's Week, Grandma Bennett

This week I am going to write a little about the different mother's in my life.
My grandma Bennett, is my dad's mom and one very special woman to me. From the third grade to the tenth we lived 2 doors and across the street from her. I would go early to church every week so that I could get the honored seat next to her. I adored her. I would try to sit like she sat, sing how she sang and I even wanted to dress like her. She has good taste but as a child you should probably dress like a child not an adult. Anyways, I love her so much. I don't go and see her as much as I should but I think about her every day. I had a pet name from her, or so I thought all growing up. Some may be offended by it but she called me 'little shit'. I loved it. I see nothing wrong only affection from this term coming out of my grandma's mouth. My grandma Bennett works hard everyday. She worked on her father's farm growing up and now she helps my grandpa with he and my uncles farm. Mostly sorting fruit and going to the market without ever complaining. I hope to be like her in so many ways. I know she reads this and I just want her to know that I love her, and I feel so lucky that she surprised us with a lovely visit yesterday. How lucky were we? I love you Grandma and Happy Mother's Day.

3 comments:

R Fitz said...

Chel...I love this idea and I think I may copy you! I will go in a different order though.

J & L Bennett Family said...

I love her too, Michelle. She has been a wonderful mother-in-law and I love her with all my heart. Our day is made perfect when she visits us so I know yesterday must have been perfect for you, too.

Kylee Clark said...

It must be a grandma thing or maybe its the age. But I am also my Grandma's "little shit". What a cute post :0)