Monday, April 27, 2009

Part 2: Tribute to Mother's Week, Mema Di Regolo

If I am going to write about each of the Mother's in my life I will have to do more than one post a day all week.
Joey has two Grandma's they both go by Mema and both are wonderful. I am going to tell you a little bit about Mema Di Regolo tonight. When I met her I instantly adored her. She is one of those people who you meet and you want to know better. We share a few common interests. She is one of the best cooks I have ever eaten from. I have thought she should go on Hell's Kitchen for a few reasons:
1. She can cook like a pro.
2. She could hold her own against him. I don't think anyone could scare her.
3. How cool would that be, a 70 something woman winning a restaurant that she has no need for.
We also share the love of gardening. I don't think my neighbors would agree that I like to garden, I just don't have a lot of opportunity for that kind of wonderful adventure. Mema has lemon bushes and orange trees, and she goes to the farmer's market every week so that she can get fresh produce and try out the new kinds of fruit the farmers are experimenting with. She also (I know this is selfish) but she calls my phone to talk to me over calling Joey, and I love it. I am not in competition with Joey and honestly until just this last Sunday I thought that she called him too. This aspect of her calling me helps me to realize that she likes me too, and I don't know about anyone else but as a daughter-in-law I want my husbands family to love me like one of their own, and with Mema I feel that way. I think that Mema is great and I can't wait to see her again and get to know her more. So Mema if you read this I love you and Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

R Fitz said...

She sounds like a neat lady...hope I get to meet her someday.