Friday, April 17, 2009

Home...and a Quote

First of all while at the cafeteria in the hospital I met a mom who had a 20 month old who sat still the whole time during lunch. I was so impressed that I asked her if she ate meals at the table. This question was with some inspiration from my mom. The mom said that she makes it a point to have all the meals at the table with all other distractions turned off. I think I am going to try this, because Sophie will not sit still for anything. So maybe if she learns to sit still during meal time she will sit still during church when we go back as a family next year.
Now for an interesting quote that goes along with my 'Scrooge' blog entry. It is from Well, DUH! Our Stupid World, and Welcome to it, by Bob Fenster pgs. 256, 266.


33. What is the dumbest holiday?
In the spirit of Christmas, we go to overcrowded sores whose merchandising would have appalled Christ. We waste precious resources wrapping presents so the wrapping can be torn off and thrown away. We spend too much money for things we don't need and wonder why the holiday leaves us feeling empty.
On Easter and Halloween, we overdose our children with candy, knowing that within the hour we'll be yelling at them to stop tossing baby brother up against the wall to see if he sticks.
On Groundhog Day, we celebrate the ability of a rodent to predict the weather.
But clearly the favorite holiday of idiotologists everywhere is April Fools' Day, when we celebrate the fact that we are stupid enough to hold a celebration of how dumb we are.

I agree with the concept not necessarily the wording but I enjoyed the quote and thought I would share.

1 comment:

7packofbearss said...

Olivia is sitting here at the computer with me. As soon as I pulled up you blog she jumped up and said, "It's Sophie." I think she had fun with her. Glad to hear Joe is home. Call if you need us.