Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Which do you want to do?

My big question to Joey with the kids is "Which do you want to do?" This typically ends up with me doing the yucky job. Not because Joey is mean because he isn't, he is just to lucky. A couple years ago is when it started. About the time Sophie was born and I realized that I can only take care of one child's situation at a time. The first time should have taught me a lesson but no. Joey chose to bath clean up Sophie after a meal and I got Joe duty. Duty only because he ended up with a huge dootie all over the high chair.
Anyways, last night Gus was fussy, again, so I poked at Joey and said do you want to get up now with Gus and sleep in and I won't bother you or do you want to get up with Joe in the morning. He chose Gus. I then dutifully got up with Joe earlier than he has gotten up in weeks and got ready for the day. Well, after all three kids are awake and Joey is keeping me to me promise, I get the kids ready, Joe has a blood draw and then the lesson to be learned. Joe throws up on the floor. I therefore must clean up the mess because I got to sleep for 3 very wonderful straight hours. I think from now on I will tell Joey which option to pick, but I would probably end up with a worse outcome, due to be selfish. I think Joey has the best of luck to get out of so many of the things you would hate doing if you weren't the parent. As the parent you don't care how much poop or vomit you clean up. You feel worse for the child and that they don't feel good. I am grateful to be a mommy.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Layne and I started playing rock, paper, scissors a long time ago for dirty diapers. I won 80% of the time and he had to change them. He's since figured out that I can read his mind, so we don't play that game any more. Luckily, our kids are all out of diapers.

R Fitz said...

Oh Chel!!! I am sorry that you had a rough night and morning! We love and miss you!

7packofbearss said...

Dads are lucky that way. I always seem to get the bum end of the deal too. It doesn't matter if I tell him what to do or let him choose. I always get the yucky stuff. I like to pretend it is because moms just handle those things better. It is probably just luck.

walkerbunch said...

You're a good mom Michelle. I'm sorry that Joey wasn't feeling well. It's not easy when you have a new baby, because your schedules get thrown off so much. Then when your kids get sick, it makes it that much harder. Hang in there!