Thursday, June 16, 2011

Joe Man vs. Home Depot

Yesterday Joe had an accident at Home Depot. The cart and him fell over together. I am afraid that the concrete won. Joe now has multiple skull fractures and some brain bleeding and a couple narly purple bruises. I am trying to write this with some humor although I am shaking all over. I feel like we are having de ja vu from three years ago when Joe got the cancer. I keep thinking how was I so positive and well PTSD. I think I don't remember the first couple of weeks after we found out about the cancer. I do remember the sick feeling now that we are just a room over in the PICU and as I watch his face get puffier and puffier. He is in a lot of pain and has goose eggs all over the right side of his head. Let's be real I am nervous. He is still not woken up all the way, partly I am hoping is because of the morphine we are having them give him so he isn't feeling a lot of pain. He has to have another ct scan to check the bleeding. One positive because that is where positivity starts is that I have never been in and out of AF hospital's ER so fast I think it was maybe and hour, hour and a half tops.
Please pray for him. Love, Joey and Michelle

5 comments:

walkerbunch said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry Michelle. Can I help you with your other kids? Let me know what I can do. Keep us posted.

Spliz said...

I saw on facebook that he is at primary's. He'll be in our prayers!

R Fitz said...

Thanks for the update Chel and Joey! We love you and have you all in our prayers. I will also try to keep people posted as much as I can while watching the kids.

David and Jana said...

You are all in our prayers. We love you guys!

Spar-Mar Girl said...

I am so sorry!!!! All of you are in our thoughts and prayers! Thanks for the update and please let me know if there's anything I can help with!