Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Biking

Sophie got a new bike for her belated birthday from Papa Joe. Unfortunately I don't have a picture yet. Although we toke video when we brought her home to the bike after her last day of preschool. She was so excited. And since she now LOVES to bicycle we have gone everyday except for maybe one because of weather. Last Friday Gus decided that since Sophie could ride a bike he conned her into teaching him on her old bike that happens to be a boy bike. He is so stinking cute on the bike. His little bum goes back and forth with each pedal. So in the last week he has potty trained, learned to ride a bike and finally is sleeping through the night.














Now for some catch up. We went to Yellowstone the last full week of May. It was fun but we ended up coming home 2 days early because we saw everything and well Gus and I kept throwing up. I held it down and he chose to spew. The potty training got started up in Yellowstone and I broke Gus of Soy milk. Part of the spewing was from the soy milk. Every time we gave him some he threw up. I now want to sell soy pediatric drink because I have so much and my kids have soy issues. With no soy or dairy being drunk by Gus he is becoming a much better behaved child. He is still two but not so terrible and the sleeping through the night has been nice. He is now a rice milk drinker for those wondering. Speaking of alternative milk sources I have tried a few and if you have input let me know. We have thus far tried: coconut, almond, rice, lactose free, soy (of course.)




More catch up. Harriet and Stella the goats are now in a new home. Hip, hip, hooray! I am so thrilled. The other three should be gone with in a month or so. I am so excited. I am trying to simplify my life. I would love to be able to go on vacation and not worry about the animals at home and have to always find someone to take care of the animals.
Enough of random thoughts and ramblings, I should get back into a good writing groove again soon.

2 comments:

walkerbunch said...

Yellowstone sounds so fun. -I'm sorry you were sick. Congrats with the potty training and simplifying. -I need to do some simplifying in my life too.

7packofbearss said...

You were probably throwing up due to your recently announced pregnancy! :)