Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hip, hip, hurray...


Today we start our last round of chemotherapy. Wow!!! I am not excited for Joe to be sick again, but I am excited that after this when he starts feeling better we don't have to push him back down. My children are all very happy people. I am blessed. Joey (my husband, people seem to mix up the two names) is Mr. Optimism himself, and our children inherited his outlook on life. Joe has always just grinned and bore all the trials that have been placed in front of him. I believe that children teach their parents how to be the best people they can be, now whether this continues into teenagehood or if that is where parents have to step up and start being a better example to their children than their children are to them, who knows but I am grateful to be able to learn from the babes.
On a side note, Sophie is doing much better. After further investigation she has a nice little blood shot eye, and a goose egg. Finally last night she stayed in her bed. Yeah!!!
Another side note, if you are a soda drinker, please save the can popper toppers, they can be donated to Primary Children's Medical Center as a donation for the Ronald McDonald house. Each one is worth 5 cents so they add up quickly. I can take them up for you if you want to drop them by my house.

4 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

This is Brittney! I am an occasional soda drinker, so I will remember to save my pop tops for you. Now that Tanner is in school, bring Sophie over to play. Anytime On Mon, Wed, of Fri in the mornings! They will have fun together!

David and Jana said...

Oh Michelle, I hope chemo goes well. I am thinking about you and your family. Please let me know if you need anything!

the weisenburger life said...

It's great to know that the chemo is nearing an end! Hooray!

R Fitz said...

Chel,

Hang in there Sis. I love you! Sorry this has been the roughest round in so many ways, but especially since Mom and I haven't been able to be more help due to other family situations. I love you.