Saturday, September 12, 2009

A few saddnesses

As I was pulling into Primary's parking garage my sister called to tell me that my mom's dad, grandpa Nelson was having a brain bleed and that they couldn't help me because (for obvious reasons) they needed to be there for him and grandma. I love my grandpa but I haven't seen him as much this year because of the low counts and catching him and Joey available at the same time.
The family chose to do an operation to help with the brain bleeding but grandpa they now know is full of cancer and has congenital heart failure so if one thing doesn't take him the other will. I would like to say I do well with the thought of death, but then I realize that I am like a camel. I can hold on so long and then the dumbest thing breaks me.
Joe is done now with the inpatient aspect of chemotherapy but Wednesday we are totally finished!!!
Another good thing, Gus is starting to crawl, he does this amazing push up that any adult male would be totally thrilled about if they could do it. And he takes a few crawls, I think he will be totally proficient just in time for our family to start going back to church, yeah I will be back but probably in the hall, well except for the fact that Gus is one of the best babies I have ever known.
The thing that broke my camel back, was that today Joey got me tickets to a premiere showing of the movie, 'Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs.' I don't know if it was good or not because Joe had a HUGE blowout and I had to go to the van to change his diaper and clothes and got locked out of the movie theater. Now if Joe and I were the only ones I would have just left but Sophie, Gus and my parents were inside. I had told the security guard that I had to go outside and he said he would let me back in. Well, miscommunication later and I missed the first 50-55 minutes of the show due to the lock out. I cried when I finally got inside the movie. I felt like leaving but I stayed and what I saw was delightful. Anyways, Joey called to complain for me and the theater said they do nothing if it was a private showing, hmmmm. I understand but shouldn't they check the doors?

2 comments:

Groovy Gardners said...

michelle....i'm so glad i can look at your blog now....i miss seeing you and your familly around. i was looking at all those pics of joe. He looks so much older now. he is such a cute boy....all your kids are cute. you are so strong and can handle everything. i need to be more like you. Great job michelle at being a mom!!

R Fitz said...

Hang in there Sis. We all love you. So sorry the movie experience didn't go any where near as well as planned. Just think, only a couple more days until chemo is done!!!