Monday, September 7, 2009

Did this really happen?

Yesterday, I didn't feel like taking Sophie to church. She wanted to wear her swim suit cover up and I wouldn't let her. So she picked a little sting tank top with tights and her boots. I felt like it wasn't very appropriate for church and should have left her home, but I want her to make friends with the children in the ward and she loves the singing and learning about Jesus. So I took her and she was excited to attend nursery. When I picked her up she was not the little girl I left. When I left her she was happy, outgoing and confident. When I picked her up she was bashful, tired and snugly. The nursery leader said that the children had been playing ring around the rosys and they all fell on top of Sophie. She instantly acted tired and snugly, they figured it was nap time. I was worried about a concussion so I took her to the nurse across the street, no concussion.
Today I am taking her to the doctor, in the night she spike a fever of 102* and wanted held the whole time. The nurse said Sophie was probably traumatised, hmmmm. I will try to post what it is, but if anyone knows a chiropractor who is open today, let me know. I can't imagine that she isn't misaligned after such a fun event.
The stinky thing in all of this is that Sophie is two years old and has never even needed a bandaid, she has never had a boo boo, so she has know idea if she is in pain or that pain is what is is called. I think maybe I protect my kids too much, Joe never had a scrape of a sore until he was three and within a couple of months he had probably the biggest boo boo he will ever have. I don't wish pain on Gus but maybe I will try to protect without over protecting him. I don't want my kids to get hurt but it would be a good thing if they could tell me that something hurts when it does so that I can help them more effectively.

Then yesterday, my mother-in-laws dog died while they were at church. So Joey and I got to go to a dog funeral last night. Rest in peace Reagan.

1 comment:

R Fitz said...

Sorry to hear that your sweet little Miss Sophie is still not doing well. Give her lots of kisses from Nannie. Hang in there Chel and don't beat yourself up. You are an excellent Mommy and I love you and so do your kids, even if you are over protective...just like me!