Friday, January 16, 2009

Yellow

Joe just finished his blind therapy for the week and today he learned the color yellow. She is an excellent therapist and no complaints by me on how great she is with helping Joe overcome his vision impairment. She started by having him play with different yellow colored toys. Then she introduced red toys. After both had been played with she brought one of each infront of him and asked him to touch the yellow toy. He did so 9 times out of 10 and the 10th time he was kicking the yellow toy but she said that feet didn't count. I am so proud.
Sophie today has been so cute, yet something scary happened. I put on ELMO so I could shower in peace for 5 minutes when I heard a scream. Sophie came running in crying so hard because she had taken her baby dolls pacifer and put it in her mouth and it had gotten stuck. Luckily she is unharmed but the pacifer is now on a trip to the dump in the garabage can.
Joey is helping out up at the auto show and if anyone wants to go we may or may not be able to get discounted tickets. Let us know.
As for me I am busy as ever and still hoping that I will continue to find projects to fill my time. Right before Christmas I rearranged the family room, last week I did Sophie room and this weeks goal is to get Joe and babies room all ready for the big day. Say I am crazy but if I ever paid and interior decorator it would be a wasted because within six months I would rearrange everything again. I love to rearrange is anyone else like that or is it something I only do?

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

Chel!!!! That was a lot for one post. I am so proud of Joe! That is so exciting that the therapist is working so well with him. Before long maybe he'll know all his colors and shapes and be able to play pointing games as a way to help him pass time in the day.

My poor Sophie!!!! I am so relieved that you are such an attentive mom that you would check why she was screaming instead of just finishing your shower and then checking. I agree send the pacifier to the dump...I guess that is partly why they come attached and not loose, but I have never known one to keep from getting unattached within a couple of days.

I think it's so cute the way you come up with little projects...just like Mom!!! I love you Chel and I hope the rest of your day goes calmly!

The Hansens said...

Yay for Joe and learning Yellow!! So great:) I love reading your blog, you are the cutest.