Monday, January 19, 2009

So Scarry

A week ago Sunday I got a call from the bishopric to give a talk in church. I accepted and Joey was furious, due to me being only 6 weeks away from delivery. Anyway, Joe's blood counts were up and Joey wanted to hear me speak in church so our whole family got ready and headed to church. We haven't gone to our ward as a family since August due to isolation with the cancer. So again anyways, all week I had prepared my talk which is unusual for me a procrastinator. I really enjoyed all the learning and insights the Lord was giving me on how I can improve. I even wrote my talk so that if I got nervous I could read it word for word. Well, as we pulled into the parking lot and parked, Joey openned my door then went around to get Joe out of the carseat. As I finished getting Sophie out I hear Joey say, "Oh no!" I looked over and Joe's GT Button was hanging out of his stomach. I was in shock, I have almosted pulled that thing out so many times on accident and the thing seemed in so tight. So just this last Thursday I had taken the hospital bag out of the van because we hadn't needed it for a while. (Always be prepared should be a motto I live by, but I seem to never quite pack a diaper bag right.) So Joey had to run home to try to save the hole before it closed up to tight. When he didn't come back by the sacrament song I kept hearing the promptings to go now so I got up and left the stage without any notice. I get tired of feeling like when we have something go wrong it is all in the public eye, but I guess here I am posting it for the whole world to see. So I never gave my talk and the ER was a bunch of fun at PCMC. Everything is okay, GT buttons need to be immediately put back in but it is by no means life threatening to Joe, just a lot a pain, the cute little guy is a champ and one of my heros. So for the scare, but all is good.

3 comments:

David and Jana said...

I am so glad that he is okay. Please let me know if you need anything this week Michelle!

Mauri said...

I was hoping that things were ok as well, and have been thinking about you guys! Know that I am always here if you need anything too!

R Fitz said...

I am so glad that no more drama happened while we were all away this last week. We love your family SSSSOOOO much!