Tuesday, February 17, 2009

School

I haven't been to school for over 5 years now and won't be back for another 5 until the baby is in kindergarten, but all I can say is I am so grateful for it. Joe has the best home hospital teachers who come over and play and work with him to help him with so many things. They get him to go things that I can't, due to the fact that I am learning about what an enabler I have become. I think that it is my way of controlling. I dislike when people are controlling but I have found that I have some very controlling tendencies. My biggest would be the enabling. I do it thinking that I am making life easier for my husband and children, yet I do not believe that it makes life better for them because I end up getting frustrated by doing somethings by myself.
Back to the school thing. Joe is having a lesson as I am writing this and the teacher is just so great with him. I try to stay out of the way because otherwise I end up talking the teachers ear off.
Joe has been feeling really good so far this week. He has decided to try to eat again and even is tolerating all his feeds through the g-tube. I am so grateful that this week is so much better than last. Tootles.

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

I'd say you're an enabler :P ...Chel you are so great with your kids and you do so much for so many people...don't be so hard on yourself. Glad that this week is going better and thrilled to hear Joe is trying food and that his feeds are staying down! Yippie! I love you sis!

Natalie Wright said...

So glad you are posting so I can keep up with how things are going. Can't wait to see you Thursday night!