Saturday, February 7, 2009

Help! Please.

So I think Sophie is ready to potty train but with just weeks until the baby is born I don't want to make the effort and have to do it twice. As I am typing this she is running around the house without any pants on this includes a lack of diaper. She will go in the diaper and then take off her pants and diaper and bring me the diaper then want to sit on the toilet and flush it for fun. I would love for her to potty train but is she ready? Please all you parents who ready this and have potty trained give me some advice on how to get her to take off the diaper first then go in the potty. She has done it before but then went on the carpet and got scarred into not doing that again.
I have decided to not write strictly about the cancers effects on Joe. So I write about Sophie more because she is so full of mischief. I love have to very different children. They keep me going and if this baby is anything like while in the womb. I am going to have a handful. Anyway, I feel I never make sense but, oh well.

2 comments:

7packofbearss said...

With the baby so close I would wait to push it too hard until after. Encourage her to go in the potty (sometimes treats for going in the potty helps) but I wouldn't put her in underwear all the time until after brother comes because kids often regress when that happens. If she is ready she will wait a month or two if you keep telling her how wonderful it is when she goes potty. Don't be too hard on her for making potty messes. It seems to cause anxiety and then they don't want anything to do with it. Low pressure has worked the best with my kids.

Kim said...

Hey Michelle! Found your blog-- hope you don't mind. I pushed my daughter to potty-train when she was 18 months. It was hard on all of us. My last, I just kind of let train himself. Much easier. They know when they are ready.