Saturday, February 4, 2012

Avocado Sandwich

I got this idea from my mom.
So because I am sharing all the different recipes I invent or come across that are dairy egg free, here is a great one. My two year old ate it and enjoyed and so did the four year old.

1 avocado, mashed in a bowl
cranberry sauce
cheese(for the dairy eaters)
bread I use multigrain that is diary egg free

I heated a griddle to 375* then when it was heated I put a thinner layer (for the kids) of mashed avocado on one side and you get the idea I toasted the bread. I don't use butter or any oil for the outside so I watch it closely.
Now for the cheese eaters make your basic grilled cheese then add the mashed avocado when the cheese is melted. To top off both sandwiches put some cranberry sauce to dip or I just put it inside the sandwich.
I was actually surprised that my two year old liked it, and ate it all gone with no complaint.

1 comment:

Erin Allred said...

What a wonderful idea!!! I love avocados, maybe cooking isn't so bad :P