Friday, October 2, 2009

Golf

So with less hours spent at church on Sunday and more hours in front of the tube. I have discovered a sport that I enjoy watching. Yes you guessed it GOLF. I know it sounds ridiculous but I love watching the scenery and the excitement of if the golfer will get a eagle, birdie or par and disappointment I feel for the golfer for getting a boggie. This is kind of ironic that I now want to take golf lessons and spend my retirement on the green with Joey golfing the days away. I believe Joe will even enjoy our golf outings someday. The reason for the irony is that in high school I took a sports class that taught a different sport every two weeks so we learned like 8 sports. Golf was on of them. I had the whole semester to go play 9 holes and I never did it because I thought golf was lame. If I had only caught this fire 8 years ago my gpa would have been a little bit better from playing those 9 holes. I must add this as well, Joey loves to golf, and until this new phenomenon I would watch at the driving range, now that I have a desire, I think he will enjoy me around during the golf time more.
Just some thoughts.
There are a few good things that our children can learn from golf: honesty, a love of nature, good sportsmanship, geometry, meteorology (due to the fact that knowing how the wind speed effects the ball), how to dress nice and neat. Wow, I am changing so much, what would my teenage self think of me?

1 comment:

R Fitz said...

lol---Chel you are too funny!