Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hero

So last night was not quite so different than normal. I was up 2 times with Gus and Sophie came looking for me while I was nursing him and she couldn't find me so she decided that she would camp in the family room. She turned on the light and curled up on the rocking chair. I had watched as I was nursing going in and out of my room like, she was thinking "Why is mommy playing hide and seek right now?" I wanted to call to her, but I did not want to wake up Joe. So I went looking for her after I finished with Gus. She was so cute all curled up. I turned off the light and rocked her for a little while then put her back to bed. She said, "No mommy, no." So I picked her up again and held her until she was asleep. I love these moments when she prefers me. I know how dumb, but when I take her anywhere she is acts like I am such an embarrassment, and so when she wants to be held I do it.
Needless to say I was pretty tired this morning and since all the children were still sleeping, Joe now in my bed, hmmm, when will I learn? So I was sleeping too. When I heard a bang on my back door. I almost didn't answer. I went to the door, in all my just waking up glory, and my neighbour Larry was there. He said that he thought the goat was dying. We both go running into the 'pasture' and sure enough cute little Chuck Norris is unconscience. Larry starts to unwind the leashes,(the goats have knocked down the fence so many times we are in the process of putting in a more permanent fence. We just bought all the stuff.) While I just sit there all unhelpful. Larry then starts pushing on Chucks chest like CPR, without the mouth to mouth, Chuck starts to belch and then comes back to life. It took him a while to stand (about 5 or 10 minutes) then he got up tried to nurse his mother, but I imagine he has a terrible sore throat. I hope that he fully recovers but thanks to Larry he is not dead right now.

THANKS LARRY FOR SAVING CHUCK NORRIS!!!

The neighbours that I have taken the time to get to know are all excellent people. All very understanding and kind to our family. We are lucky to live where we live.

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

What an uplifting day to count blessings. I am glad that you got some special time with Sophie this morning and that Chuck didn't die. We love you...and no we didn't bring home a bird today though i picked one out again.

Brandi said...

Wow, that's pretty incredible that your neighbor saved your goat!